BEHIND THE LENS
1. Amateur or Pro?
- Semi Pro.
2. Describe your feed in 3 words.
- Community, Evolving, Colorful
3. What’s in your toolbox for taking and editing photos?
- My current cameras are iPhone 5, Canon t4i, Canon 5D Mark II, Yashica 635. Primary editing apps are Snapseed, Laminar, Vintique, Afterlight, Mextures.
4. What is Instagram for you?
- Instagram is an open door to the rest of the world. It’s a chance for anyone to get a glimpse into what inspires others, establish friendships and community with someone from the other side of the world, and a way for the average person to challenge and expand their creative horizons. It’s really so many things.
5. Who and/or what inspires you?
- I have been on Instagram for the last 2 ½ years and in that time, I have been inspired daily by so many new feeds. It could be how portraits are taken by @mustafaseven, or how people like @audiosoup and @civilking are able to make a city street in Istanbul look so amazing, and even the skill of creating "dancers" from water by @dyjor_gf. It has been the macro and barn shots by my wife @musiccityace. Daily things I see around me inspire me. Especially nature.
6. What is your best advice to a fellow photographer?
- Experiment. Take advantage of new technologies that have helped photographers. Don’t worry whether anyone is going to “like” your photos or not. It’s not about
anyone else. It’s about you being satisfied with your work at the end of the day.
7. Who is your favourite photographer on Instagram?
- That’s such a hard question to answer. There are so many amazing photographers on Instagram. If I had to narrow it down to one, I’d have to say @purposeofenvy. His feed is beautiful and he’s a genuinely great individual.
8. Best photography secret?
- Listen. Not with your ears, but with your heart. Photography is about freezing a moment in time that means something to you. So always have a camera with you and capture those moments where you stop and say, “WOW!”
9. Things you want to be better at as a photographer?
- I would love to get better at portraits. I’ve witnessed the talent of great portrait photographers, such as @inkedfingers and her ability to get people to relax and not “pose” is amazing.
10. How much time do you spend on photography?