Non of the present moderators has been on Instagram as long as Julia has. With a unique style and tons of experience, we are proud to have her on our team!
BEHIND THE LENS
1. Amateur or Pro?
- Semi pro.
2. Describe your feed in 3 words.
- Unpredictable, variety, colorful.
3. What’s in your toolbox for taking and editing photos?
- I'm an iPhoneographer, all pics on my instagram account have been taken and edited with an iphone (different models: 3GS, 4, 4S...). I'm currently using an iphone 5S (I sometimes edit on the iPad). I also have a Nikon D90 and some lenses that I don't use now.
But I've planned to come back to DSLR photography (but not on instragram).
Camera app: Procamera.
Editing apps: Snapseed, VSCOcam, Mextures, PhotoForge2, PicFx, Noir, Squaready.
Editing video apps: Flipagram, PicPlayPost.
4. What is Instagram for you?
- An amazing platform for being inspired and learning from the best mobile photographers of the world. It's also a fantastic way to know the world, we can travel on our phones daily! And of course, a site for making friends and connecting people all over the world.
5. Who and/or what inspires you?
- Beauty, the people, my feelings. The beauty of the town and land where I live. I also love observing people. And my feelings are in the base of every of my pics.
6. What is your best advice to a fellow photographer?
- Shoot with no fear, and never stop experimenting with the camera/phone, with the apps and technique. And don't loose curiosity!
7. Who is your favourite photographer on Instagram?
- I have a group of favorite photographers, I can't choose only one. They could be @instafraner, @gijanice, @islandika, @lizpe, @fifigram.
8. Best photography secret?
- Always thinking the best pic is yet to come.
9. Things you want to be better at as a photographer?
- I want to retake DSLR photography, and improve my handling of mobile editing apps.
10. How much time do you spend on photography?