We had a wonderful chat with the up and coming talented photographer Katherine. Based in Manila this mom never leaves her house without her iPhone 4. She might look crazy when she takes photos of random things out in the middle of the street, but she does not mind. If she see a shot she wants, she will get it!
BEHIND THE LENS
1. Amateur or Pro?
2. Describe your feed in 3 words.
- Happy - Colourful - Random
3. What’s in your toolbox for taking and editing photos?
- For shooting, I use an iPhone 4 most of the time. I also use a Nikon D80 that is jealous of my iPhone 4 because I rarely use it.
I usually use it for outdoor shots when my family and I travel. I also got a very old and shaky Sony Cybershot DSC-T300 for macro shots. For editing, my go to apps are: Camera+, PS Express, FrameMagic, Vintique and Over.
4. What is Instagram for you?
- Aside from being a creative outlet, Instagram has helped me discover wonderful people whom I’ve become good friends with. I never would have thought of having friends living in different countries and discovering places I've never seen before even in pictures! Instagram is an amazing window into the lives of people in their own corners of the world and the world’s window into mine.
5. Who and/or what inspires you?
- Would you believe I am inspired by Miuccia Prada? I love both the elegance and the quirkiness of her designs and that’s what inspires me to think outside the box, to not be restricted by labels, norms, or types.
6. What is your best advice to a fellow photographer?
- Spread positivity through your photographs; make the most of what you already have at home or in your neighbourhood if you think you don’t have any thing or any place nice to shoot, there’s beauty even in the most ordinary of things.
7. Who is your favourite photographer on Instagram?
- A lot! But one that stands out to me is @omniamundamundis. I love the discipline in his photographs.
8. Best photography secret?
- Shoot what YOU love, not what you think other people would love.
9. Things you want to be better at as a photographer?
- Technical aspects of photography, macro, water shots, portrait, long exposures, Photoshop and a lot more! I told you, I'm an amateur.:)
10. How much time do you spend on photography?
- Roughly 2 to 3 hours every other day.
We want to thank Katherine for taking the time to talk to us and sharing her knowledge and thoughts about photography. Make sure you visit her Instagram profile! Simply click her Instagram username under her profile photo on the top.
We would also like to thank our moderator Tim (@gotd_mod_bridgix81) for making this interview happen.