Rashid is one of our latest moderators to join our team. He has such a professional way doing things, and moderating is no exception. With an eye for photography like nobody else, we are honored to have him with us!
"A nature lover from Malaysia and currently living in Austria. Photography is my all time favorite hobby. I shot anything that my eyes tell me. Being a moderator is fun. It is a way to discover the undiscovered talent." - Rashid Ramdan
BEHIND THE LENS
1. Amateur or Pro?
2. Describe your feed in 3 words.
- Nature, travel and colorful
3. What’s in your toolbox for taking and editing photos?
- For shooting, mostly I'm using Canon 550D. Sometimes my iPhone 4S. For editing, most of the time I use Adobe Lightroom and Snapseed. For some photos, I use Nik Software and Photomatix.
4. What is Instagram for you?
- I explore the world via instagram. It is a place where I keep in touch with my friends via their photos. Getting to know each other and build new friendship from around the globe. Sharing my photos and I like listening to their feedback. I get inspired a lot by other photographers.
5. Who and/or what inspires you?
- My mom, especially after my dad passed away. She's a strong woman! Fellow igers inspired me a lot with their stunning photos. And also nature. I could spend hours with the nature!
6. What is your best advice to a fellow photographer?
- Keep practicing! And practicing. Take a lot of photos and learn mistakes from them. Learn basic photography. As a landscape photographer, always watch out for the lights, look for interesting subjects and find some nice composition.
7. Who is your favourite photographer on Instagram?
- I cant tell who is my favorite photographer. They are all great. For me, they're all has their own capability and creativity.
8. Best photography secret?
- Patience. Its the most important. Especially shooting macro! Also keep your eyes wide open to your surrounding. There might be something interesting to capture!
9. Things you want to be better at as a photographer?
- I'd love to do portrait. Also I'd to improve myself in macro/landscape photography.
10. How much time do you spend on photography?