Meet Stephen, a semi-pro photography hobbyist. Currently working as a 3D animator in TV and Feature Films with a growing love for Photography. This 35 years old creative soul is living in Sydney, Australia
BEHIND THE LENS
1. Amateur or Pro?
- Semi - Pro.
2. Describe your feed in 3 words.
- Vibrant - Natural - Landscapes
3. What’s in your toolbox for taking and editing photos?
- I use a 5DmkIII DSLR with different L series lenses to take most of my shots. I try to bring out all the natural beauty of landscapes and get the full dynamic range in each shot. To do this I use ND filters, hard, soft, reverse and solid filters with a polorizer and often take Long Exposures from 1/2 a second to a few minutes. I sometimes take multiple exposures and blend in Photoshop. I do all my editing in Lightroom using NIK plugins. On the iPhone I use Snapseed.
4. What is Instagram for you?
- Instagram for me is a place where I can share my latest work, get feedback on shots, chat to other like minded people and most of all, gain inspiration from fellow photographers. A place where I can see many forms of inspiring photography.
5. Who and/or what inspires you?
- I am inspired by professional photographers such as Patrick DiFruscia and Marc Adums to always get the best from all my shots, but from the shots and talent I'm seeing every day on Instagram, I'm inspired to continually take shots from all sorts or different locations.
6. What is your best advice to a fellow photographer?
- My advice to fellow photographers would be to try new things, shoot often and learn form every shot you take. Take time to look into lighting scenarios, composition and subjects. Share your pics and really take note of the feedback you get. Get up early, and stay up late for the best shots.
7. Who is your favourite photographer on Instagram?
- I have so many, I couldn't single one person out. Different people have incredible feeds with so many different categories.
8. Best photography secret?
- Filters are your friend and golden hour is the best time to shoot.
9. Things you want to be better at as a photographer?
- Trying new mediums, get more into film photography and venture into different catogories.
10. How much time do you spend on photography?
- More than I would like to admit. As its not my main form of income I temd to spend every spare minute if not actively doing photography, thinking about it.
We want to thank Stephen for taking the time to talk to us and sharing his knowledge and thoughts about photography. Make sure you visit his Instagram profile! Simply click his Instagram username under his profile photo on the top. We would also like to thank our moderator Anthony, for talking to Stephen!