Meet Trent, a dog lover/dog blogger, a finance guy, an adrenaline junkie and a guy that is always looking to be inspired artistically. He live on the beautiful east coast of Canada in Halifax, Nova Scotia where the ocean is never far away.
BEHIND THE LENS
1. Amateur or Pro?
2. Describe your feed in 3 words.
- Dogs, silhouettes and sunrises.
3. What’s in your toolbox for taking and editing photos?
- I primarily use iPhone only, I have a number of editing apps I use. The main ones I use are picfx, snapseed and photowizard. For some of my really high action shots I will use my DSLR Olympus E-620 and of course do all of the edits on the phone.
4. What is Instagram for you?
- Instagram is first and foremost and community of like minded photo enthusiasts. I love the inspiring people I have met and also enjoy the social networking aspects of the app. I typically gravitate to users who not only are amazing photographers or very creative but also those who are engaged in the community aspects of instagram.
5. Who and/or what inspires you?
- So many creative users inspire me on the app and I also would say that the app itself inspires me. I want to try and share a creativity or a vision that translates to other users and allows them to feel the moments as I felt them. This forces me to go out and shoot and be creative...it's life changing, life enhancing even.
6. What is your best advice to a fellow photographer?
- Once you have something you want to shoot think about shooting it from different perspectives. The key often times to my favourite shots is a unique angle or perspective. I want people to experience things differently than they might have with their own eye.
7. Who is your favourite photographer on Instagram?
- That's hard to say honestly but I have a couple of favs that for a variety of reasons stand out. @bradpuet is in my opinion the quintessential IGer when it comes to incorporating amazing shots, storytelling and community. For straight up amazing all around my fav would be @punkodelish, a fellow Canadian and arguably one of the best on IG. She is conscientious, thoughtful and posts truly amazing shots. She is always a great cheerleader for other users on IG which is rare for someone of her stature.
8. Best photography secret?
- Shoot more than you think you'll need...always. Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.
9. Things you want to be better at as a photographer?
- Candids, and landscapes. I struggle with both and have tried and always find mine pale in comparison to those I find inspiring.
10. How much time do you spend on photography?